The Link® Atlas™ Drive Suspension provides up to 35,000 lbs. of carrying capacity without sacrificing performance.
The Atlas™ has a combined system, consisting of the suspension, crossmember, and axle control rods, all engineered to work in harmony with the chassis. With the dual height-control valves and air springs with integrated jounce bumpers, the Atlas offers the safest, smoothest ride available.
But comfort doesn’t come as a compromise to durability. This unique design of Atlas™ provides the carrying power and roll stability of a traditional steel spring suspension, without the bone jarring ride – the ideal solution for both aerials and pumpers. Now you have the ability to match the demands of the most challenging emergency situations and not be left unprepared.
- Durable Trailing Beams – Evenly distributes the load in order to provide less overload, maximum articulation, and better traction.
- Dual Height Control Valves – Maintain optimum ride height independent of load; levels vehicle side-to-side delivering high roll stability.
- Polyurethane Bushings – Provide longer service life and no maintenance; reducing downtime when compared to rubber block suspension.
- Air Springs – Offers smooth ride loaded or empty; providing driver comfort and less fatigue.
- Reduce Maintenance Cost -Lengthen tire life and reduce equipment damage.
- 35,000 LBS Configuration – Key aspect for pumper and aerial applications to help remedy ladder breakage and a bone-jarring ride.